Cant believe how quickly 2007 has gone by - do the days, weeks and months fly by faster and faster the older you get? If so, the years are going to disappear in the blink of an eye... and I for one dont wish to rush through the rest of my life. Not, of course, that there's any choice about how time goes by. I mean, otherwise we'd all be choosing to s-t-r-e-t-c-h the good times out, wouldnt we? Times flies when we're having fun, they say. In that case, all I can say is - I must have had a DOOZY of a time in 2007, because I still remember the first post of this year and I didnt even have to think about it. And now I'm on the last post. Flipping amazing.
Anyway, here's a retrospective of my food blog in the year 2007 - perhaps it's a bit too late for Nupur's "Best moments of 2007" round-up... but I'm doing it anyway, and I'll send her the link anyway, and hope for the best. My favouritest five posts this year have been:
1. My first post of 2007 - Ricotta Rasmalai. I love this recipe for turning out so delicious and so untraditionally traditional.
2. Vegetarian shepherds pie - Because this recipe sacrifices nothing - in taste or farmyard animals - while still being very British.
3. Kiwi Gee's carrot halwa For two reasons - one, this was my 250th post and two, the halwa was GORGEOUS!
4. Fat free microwave potato crisps - Again for two reasons - one, I really, really enjoyed writing the post, it was so effortlessly nonsensical. And two, the crisps were superb!
5. Devil's food cake - Because the cake was soooooo good for the tiny amount of effort required in making it. And because it turned out the same way every time I made it (as long as I didnt arbitrarily change the ingredient amounts).
And that's it.
Goodbye, Year 2007! It's been fun! Happy new year 2008 to all, and may everything good come your way!