Thursday, June 09, 2011

Alphonso mango milkshake

Photobucket
Ok, I’m just boasting because I had Alphonso mangoes to spare (because they were too squishily ripe to eat, really, by the time I got to the last two or three.) If you don’t have Alphonsos, don’t fret, you can still make this recipe. Just use any really ripe mangoes, although preferably the kind that aren’t stringy. Meanwhile, I’m going to continue calling this recipe “Alphonso mango milkshake”, because yeah, I’m still boasting. Those Alphonso mangoes are just SO gorgeous!

Anyway, I like my home-made mango milkshakes (or smoothies – what’s the difference, if any?), Alphonso or otherwise, to be on the liquidy side rather than thick; or if not, I like them to be whizzed with plenty of ice, like frappes.

Sometimes I combine the two styles. I don’t have a name for this hybrid, mainly because I haven’t found a way to combine “frappe” and “shake” to make anything meaningful or catchy, no matter which way around I try it. Could “shakeapp” mean anything to you, apart from sounding vaguely like something that might be downloaded onto your iPhone or Android?

Okay - remember, if you come across the term on either appliance, the copyright belongs to ME and if I’m not acknowledged as the creator, I shall sue for millions! Yes, MILLIONS (of £££s)! You heard it here first, Steve Jobs.

Yeah, that threat should really “shake” ol’ Steve “app”.

HAHAHAHAHA.

*koff koff*

Recipe for: Alphonso mango milkshake
Photobucket
Ingredients:

2 ripe alphonso mangoes, peeled and cubed
1 cup vanilla icecream
1-2 cups cold milk (as required)
A couple of drops of vanilla extract OR rosewater OR 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
Sugar if required
Ice cubes or crushed ice as required

Method:

1. Put the mangoes, vanilla icecream, 1 cup milk, sugar to taste and ice-cubes/crushed ice in a blender.
Photobucket
Blitz them till they are liquidised.
2. Blend in more milk or crushed ice as required to make the milkshake the consistency you like.
Photobucket
Blend in the vanilla extract, rosewater or cardamom powder, if using.
3. Serve the milkshake immediately in tall glasses.
Photobucket

RECIPE: ALPHONSO MANGO MILKSHAKE

Ingredients:
2 ripe alphonso mangoes, peeled and cubed
1 cup vanilla icecream
1-2 cups cold milk (as required)
A couple of drops of vanilla extract OR rosewater OR 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
Sugar if required
Ice cubes or crushed ice as required

Method:
1. Put the mangoes, vanilla icecream, 1 cup milk, sugar to taste and ice-cubes/crushed ice in a blender. Blitz them till they are liquidised.
2. Blend in more milk or crushed ice as required to make the milkshake the consistency you like. Blend in the vanilla extract, rosewater or cardamom powder, if using.
3. Serve the milkshake immediately in tall glasses.

4 comments:

loestrin said...

Thanks for sharing recipe. i think added flavour of vanilla and rose water gonna do the trick.

Chitra said...

Yummy milkshake...like the use of cardamom...

visit my space when u get time...
www.sharemyrecipe.blogspot.com
thanks in advance

Vicoprofen said...

Fantastic Milkshake! I had to make do with pulp... the mangoes that we do get here, I eat them as soon as we buy them :-)

____________
Mitchell

Shammi said...

Hari Chandana: Tasted even yummier! :)

Loestrin: I wouldn't add both - vanilla OR rosewater, not both.

Chitra: Yup, I think the cardamom added that warmth of flavour to a cold drink :)

Mitchell: We ate them as fast as we could but two still went overripe. I had a dozen mangoes to start with, so not too bad, eh? :)